LDFLAGS
Mansour Al-Aqeel
mansour77@ownmail.net
Mon Dec 29 20:58:00 GMT 2003
Ok Lyle
Here 's the output:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -L/usr/include -static
-rpath-link/usr/lib) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for newtInit in -lnewt... no
configure: error: GNU nparted requires libnewt
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
and that's the command used this time:
CFLAGS=-L/usr/include CPPFLAGS=-L/usr/lib LDFLAGS=" $LDFLAGS -static
-rpath-link/usr/lib" ./configure --prefix=./here
in my directory: /usr/lib/libnewt.a and libnewt.so.0.50.35 and their
links.
The interesting new thing is that when I use the flag -Bstatic the
configure doesn't stop ( Funny . right ??)
make runs and nothing wrong but that's what I get !!! How and why ??
That's the magic
gcc: unrecognized option `-rpath-link/usr/lib'
gcc: file path prefix `static' never used
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mansour/nparted-0.1'
and when I give space between like this -rpath-link /usr/lib the
compiler can't generate excutables. :S
Lyle I can't thank you enough for bearing with me.
--
Mansour Al-Aqeel
mansour77@ownmail.net
--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list