How to change '%D' (from specs file)
Frank Cusack
fcusack@fcusack.com
Sat Dec 27 18:58:00 GMT 2003
Hi,
How can I influence the value of %D? I configured with --exec-prefix=/usr/pkg
on sparc-sun-solaris2.9 and %D is (apparently)
-L/usr/pkg/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.2.2 -L/usr/ccs/bin
-L/usr/ccs/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.2.2/../../..
I could just swap out %D in the specs file with what I really want, but
I'd prefer to find a (preferably) configure- or run-time (but not a command
option) to change this. One reason not to mess with it is because I don't
want to write a proper spec string for multilib support. :-)
%D comes in for link_libgcc. So IMHO /usr/ccs/* shouldn't be there, and
the last bit finds /usr/pkg/lib which is messing up for shared libraries
that are in there which have a different interface (but the same name)
than what's in /usr/lib. Or, if there's a shared lib there but not in
/usr/lib, I don't want it found at link time unless I explicitly pass
-L and -R options; I'd rather have ld give an error.
thanks
/fc
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list