gcc installation

Pranav Sharma, Noida pranavs@noida.hcltech.com
Mon Dec 15 18:31:00 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I am installing gcc on Sun sparc v480 machine. When I am giving the
./configure command, the following error messege is reported.

# ./configure

checking LIBRARY_PATH variable... ok
checking GCC_EXEC_PREFIX variable... ok
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

The output of my echo $PATH is :
# echo $PATH
/opt/CTEact/bin:/opt/SUNWexplo/bin:/opt/sun/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/
bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R/sbin:/usr/
ucb

And when I give the cc command on prompt, I get the following messege.
# cc

/usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

Can anyone help me finding where I am going wrong and what should I correct.

Thanks & Regards
Pranav Sharma