Extracting members of a SIMD type?

Jack Lloyd lloyd@randombit.net
Tue Dec 9 10:42:00 GMT 2003

I've been playing around with the builtin SIMD support in 3.4, but have
come to one very confusing problem. Given a vector type (V4SI in my case),
how do you extract parts of it? I tried indexing and shift/mask, neither of
which are accepted, and the info pages have no examples of how to do this.
I would sort of presume that you can access them without using a
target-specific builtin, considering everything else gets synthesized on a
machine without hardware SIMD...

(Please CC me on replies, I am not on the list).

Thanks,
  Jack