Looking for pow function in C

tonibin@libero.it tonibin@libero.it
Wed Dec 3 18:52:00 GMT 2003

Dear gcc team:

I'm a C programmer, and I use gcc. Recently I upgraded my Linux box to
RedHat 9A.

Starting a C project, everything went ok until I did a math operation.

I included <math.h>, and executed a simple pow(x1,x2) function, with x1
and x2 of type double.

The compiler reports:

/tmp/cctlMXxf.o(.text+0x948): In function `parseString':
: undefined reference to `pow'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The #include <math.h> is regular.

What's the problem? I'm sure that the gcc package is installed correctly,
but grepping the /usr/include directory, no file with the pow definition
seem to exist. And even log, log10 and exp seem to have vanished.

Any help?

Thank you.

Version used:
gcc (GCC) 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)

--
Antonio Maschio
<tbin@libero.it>