g++ target help
jschwartzman@paratek.com
jschwartzman@paratek.com
Tue Apr 15 16:45:00 GMT 2003
I'm trying to use Red Hat Linux 8.0 to build for a PC-104 board running a
133 MHz 586 and embedded Red Hat Linux 6.2. I've tried changing -march=586,
-march=486, -march=386 but my executable still shows the same dependencies
using the ldd utility. I tried copying all the required libraries reported
by ldd to my embedded system but it complains about others I can't find
(e.g., /lib/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.3 not found (required by
lib/libpthread.so.0)).
Are there procedures for setting up gcc properly or do I need to install
another version of gcc? If so, what version? Should I be looking for an
alternate set of libraries? Can I make my executable with static libraries
included?
Thanks for your help!!!
John Schwartzman
John@ForteSystem.com <mailto:John@ForteSystem.com>
(410) 259-0140 x254
contracting for Paratek Microwave, Inc.
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email or
postmaster@paratek.com and destroy all copies of the original message .
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list