Undef symbol: __gxx_personality_v0

Claudio Bley bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Sep 13 08:12:00 GMT 2002

    Judy> When I compile and link with verbose : gcc -v testfork.cpp
    Judy> -o testfork

    Judy> I get an undefined symbol __gxx_personality_v0, referenced
    Judy> in a variety of files each time: /var/tmp//ccY2uzqa.o
    Judy> /var/tmp//ccm6rAsS.o /var/tmp//ccq09F7S.o
    Judy> /var/tmp//ccXCBX4c.s

    Judy> Please, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

David Edelson already answered this question on this mailing list. Have
a look here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2002-07/msg00186.html. You
might want to search google or the archive at first next time.

Why are you using the cpp extension for your C program? GCC recognizes
it as a C++ source file. If you want to compile a C++ program just use
the g++ compiler driver.

--
Claudio Bley                                                        _
                                             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )