unresolved symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
Daniele Lugli
genlogic@inrete.it
Mon Sep 30 00:10:00 GMT 2002
I am writing a kernel module in c++.
Please don't tell me that such things should not be done, I've heard
this comment so many times.
Porting back my stuff to c would take long and for now i'm trying to
stay alive with what i have.
One of the problems i periodically must face with is the "unresolved
_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_" at insmod. It looks dependent on the gcc version.
With 2.95.3 it can be avoided using -fno-rtti; with a more recent
version (3.0.4) i cannot manage to get rid of it.
I also tried to rebuild gcc 3.0.4 and libs excluding pic, because
somebody told me that this is the way, but nothing changes. Maybe i
don't recompile properly? What i do is setting PICFLAG= in
config/mt-x86pic, configuring with --disable-shared, making bootstrap
and making install.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Regards, Daniele Lugli
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list