Trouble compiling a 'hello world' program with the GCC Binary

Curt Curry curtis@mtsu.edu
Tue Sep 24 09:08:00 GMT 2002

Greetings,

I have downloaded GCC 3.2 (binary and source) for an HP 9000 server
(HPUX 11.00) from an HP Porting center and am getting similar errors
when I try to compile the source during install and when I try to
compile a simple program using the binary.

Below is the error when using the binary:

./gcc hello.c
as: warning 2: Unknown option "--traditional-format" ignored.
as: "/var/tmp//ccsYFegc.s", line 29: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA

When I try to compile the source during the 'gmake bootstrap', I get:

error 1052: Directive name not recognized - STABS'

any help is greatly appreciated.

cj

  CJ Curry                              ccurry@mtsu.edu
  MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY     (615) 898-5160
  Information Technology Division
  Senior Systems Analyst

        Be thankful for the children in our lives.  Encourage and lift
        them up.  Let them know that when everything seems to be going
        against them you will be there for them.  You can make a
        difference.