Can't find library for -lgcc_s

a sid offsite_al@yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 06:04:00 GMT 2002

I've installed gcc 3.2 on a HP J-Class running HPUX
11. gcc was installed from the binary
gcc-3.2-sd-11.00.depot and the following required
files were added:

binutils-2.11.2-sd-11.00.depot
bison-1.35-sd-11.00.depot
flex-2.5.4a-sd-11.00.depot
make-3.79.1-sd-11.00.depot

after adding setenv COMPILER_PATH /opt/binutils/bin

the gcc worked fine on c, but I can't seem to link any
fortran with g77 - I can compile the code OK, but when
I go to link it I always get:

usr/ccs/bin/ld: Can't find library for -lgcc_s
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I've checked in gcc-SHLIBS/usr/local/lib where I have
libgcc_s.1 - I've tried linking to this with names
such as libgcc_s.so and libgcc_s.0 but it makes no
difference.

any help would be much appreciated.

Al