Cross-compiler for Sun-3/80 ( C,C++ )

Punn, Kamal KPUNN@CASTELLE.com
Thu Sep 5 16:51:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

We are trying to make one C++ and C - cross-compiler for our sun-3/80 from Linux. We tried a lot but all times we got errors while building. Now we tried to follow some internet document on cross-compiler. Its URL is :

www.borg.umn.edu/~grant/Linux/cross.html
and i successfully build Binutils in step 1). But in step 2 we are getting errors when we are trying to build. We are using the below written command to generate Makefile.

configure --target=m68k-sun-sunos4.1.1 --prefix=/gcc-tool/host/sun3 --with-newlib

and it generate Makefile . After running Makefile with make we are getting error

You must find a way to make libgcc1.a

Here i am also enclosing errorfile. Please see that file and suggest something so that we can proceed further.
All your suggestions will be appricated for makeing Cross-compiler for our old sun-3/80.

Thanking you in anticipation

kamal