unexpected PLT reloc type 0x8c

Nicholas Piper nick-gcc@nickpiper.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 14:11:00 GMT 2002

I've been pointed here from the open-jade mailing list.

I compiled openjade-1.3.1 (no configure options), and did make, then
make install as root.

I have libc-2.2.4, kernel 2.4.18, gcc 2.95.2.1, libtool 1.4.2
(1.922.2.53 2001/09/11 03:18:52). ldconfig (GNU libc) 2.2.4.  I don't
know how to check my binutils or ld.so version.

Whenever I try to execute openjade, it always (regardless of
arguments) bombs with:

nicholas@piamox7:/tmp/openjade-1.3.1$ openjade
openjade: error while loading shared libraries:
unexpected PLT reloc type 0x8c

I have run LD_DEBUG=all openjade. I wouldn't know what to look for,
but I can't find anything "wrong" looking. I attached the output to my
post to open-jade's mailing list, but will not do so here unless asked
because this is a larger list.

My recent abiword build gives

nicholas@piamox7:~/letters$ abiword
/usr/local/bin/AbiWord_d: error while loading shared
libraries: unexpected PLT reloc type 0x00

(different type number ?)

I've never had an unexpected PLT reloc before a few days ago when I
tried to build abiword. I build very regularly (everything I install I
compile by hand, these days).

I compiled the kernel and my glibc myself (a long while back). Unless
they can be retrieved, I can't remember any glibc options now.

I don't think I never rebuilt binutils or ld.so, but I may be wrong.
Originally this was a slink system.

 Nick

--
Part 3 MEng Cybernetics; Reading, UK       http://www.nickpiper.co.uk/
GPG Encrypted mail welcome!                             1024D/3ED8B27F