memory

Claudio Bley bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Mon Oct 14 04:06:00 GMT 2002

    Josef> Declaring char a[15000000] gives me segmentation fault with
    Josef> g++ (on RedHat 7.1). Any suggestions?

Well, the default compiler on RH 7.1 is gcc 2.96 which is just an old
development snapshot, was never intended to be released, is probably a
"bit" buggy at best and most importantly not supported in any way from
the GCC folks.

I hear, RH 8.0 is avialable and maybe it's a good time to upgrade your
distribution and compiler NOW.

Btw, the following works for me using GCC 3.2:

char a[15000000];

int main ()
{
}

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X