LINKING ORDER

Bjorn R. Jensen bjensen@fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 3 01:40:00 GMT 2002

Hi Naveen,

 The linker goes through the object files in the specified order
looking for unresolved symbols, all other symbols are ignored, even
if the symbols are needed later. This applies to symbols defined in
libraries as well.
 If this was not done, the linker would have to keep track of huge
numbers of symbols most likely not needed at all....

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn