GCC 2.95.3 and later on AIX 5.2
Harald Milz
hm@seneca.muc.de
Thu Oct 31 00:01:00 GMT 2002
Hi,
I am trying to compile gcc-2.95.3 on a new AIX 5.2 system, and I have a
problem with an unrecognized opcode.
The machine is a RS64-II system (model 7044-170). The error message is,
_muldi3
/tmp/cc869kEn.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cc869kEn.s:424: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `maskir'
Seems GNU as doesn't know about this instruction. The IBM as knows even
less... and throws a lot more unknown opcode errors.
The system is recognized as rs6000-ibm-aix, and I ran configure without
options. binutils-2.13 are installed and in the path. The IBM compiler is
not yet installed but I'm downloading it right now.
Do you have an idea what to do here?
I can give you access to the machine if you like, just send me your public
SSH1 key.
The machine is currently being used for porting am-utils to AIX 5.2 ...
Erez Zadok is working on it.
PS GCC 3.2 and 3.1.1 produce even worse error messages, I'll post these
over the week end. If I can be of any more help porting the GCCs to AIX
5.2...
Kind regards,
Harald Milz
--
Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list