libgcc.a with leading-underscore

Aron Wahl aron.wahl@simpleaccess.com
Wed Oct 23 09:58:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am trying to build a crossgcc 3.2 for arm-little-elf under RH Linux =
8.0.
The compiler is build using newlib, and everything went fine.

Because I have some old legacy assembler/c-code, I need to compile the =
C-code
with a leading underscore.

When trying to compile c-code generated with gcc -fleading-underscore, =
the linker mentions that some functions
are unresolved. Those functions are located in the compiler lib =
libgcc.a.

e.g. The generated c-code reference a function called ___modsi3 but the =
libgcc.a contains only __modsi3

Is there a way to compile the libgcc.a and other necessary libraries =
with a leading-underscore?

We tried to do that by modifying the TCFLAGS in the gcc Makefile and =
adding -fleading-underscore, but that
doesn't help, and the compiler doesn't compile anymore correctly?!?

Aron Wahl