Giant executables.. what am I doing wrong?

Michiel Buddingh' ajuin+mail@stack.nl
Mon Oct 14 17:21:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 08:08:06PM -0400, Joshua Nye wrote:
> Are you sure you want to create a static executable?

Yes. :)

> If you are trying to
> save memory, shared executables are probably better.

True. But the system I'm programming for is going to be severely
limited in memory. Limited to 4 MB of RAM, to be exact. It is not
going to have virtual memory, and disk space will be less than 1 MB.
  Furthermore, I expect it's perfectly feasible to implement the
program I'm writing using system calls only. Given that, it doesn't
make sense to build it as a shared executable.

--
		-- Michiel