about windres

Michael Foo fsh@jhancock.com.my
Thu Oct 10 21:04:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I create the following .rc file:
#include <windows.h>

2 ICON "icons/Ampempty.ico"

1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION 1,1,0,0
PRODUCTVERSION 1,0,0,0
FILEOS VOS__WINDOWS32
{
  BLOCK "StringFileInfo"{
    BLOCK "0x0409"{
      VALUE "Comment", "This is testing program"
      VALUE "CompanyName","Imaginary Company"
      VALUE "FileDescription", "Experiment program"
      VALUE "FileVersion", "Build Ver1.0"
      VALUE "LegalCopyright","Copyright© foo"
      VALUE "OriginalFilename","foo.exe"
      VALUE "ProductName", "FOO"
      VALUE "ProductVersion", "P2D2"
    }
  }
}

I used windres to compile this script:
windres foo.rc -O coff -o foo.res

Then I compile my c source(foo.c) :
gcc -mwindows foo.res -mno-cygwin -o epos.exe md5.o foo.c

However, I only see the icon to my executable. But when I right-
clicked to view the property of the executable. Under the Version
tab of the Property, I see no info printed and totally blank. Why is it
so? Is it my .rc file wrong or my compilation is not linking to the res
file?

   Thank you in advance. :)

Regards
Michael