dll issue

erwan ancel erwan.ancel@free.fr
Sat Nov 30 03:08:00 GMT 2002


Thanks for your answers Bjorn.
This is what I was doing: exporting a C api.
I manage to link properly, but the resulting binary crashes and cannot be
debugged.
I had a look at omf vs coff formats. Are dlls made as omf or coff formats?
And if so, does anybody know how to convert an omf formatted dynamic library
(like borland linker provides) to a coff one (like ld expects)?

----- Original Message -----
From: "bjorn rohde jensen" <bjensen@fastmail.fm>
To: "erwan ancel" <erwan.ancel@free.fr>
Cc: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: dll issue


> Hi Erwan,
>
>   I have no idea, how to bridge between two incompatible compilers,
> it probably requires a detailed knowledge of both compilers. Maybe
> you could wrap the C++ library with C code, which, as far as i know,
> does have a standardised ABI, should probably link ok. I have never
> actually tried this sort of thing, and i am worrying, that various
> global objects and the C++ runtime will not be properly initialised,
> if one tries this sort of thing.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Bjorn
>
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list