gcc 3.1.1 and gdb 5.2.1?

Mark Crosland mjc@attbi.com
Mon Nov 4 13:41:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I built gcc 3.1.1 a while ago on sparc solaris8, seems to be working fine.

I built gcc to use /usr/ccs/bin as and ld

Eventually felt the need to build gdb. Downloaded 5.2.1, built OK, using
the /usr/ccs/bin/ as and ld options, but it doesn't run so well. It hangs
for long periods of time with simple commands like "break main". Chewing
up a lot of CPU (doesn't seem to have entirely compute bound...).

Any hints on how to build a gdb for gcc 3.1.1 on solaris8?

Thanks,
Mark