iostream question
Robert Schweikert
rjschwei@cox.net
Thu Nov 7 02:34:00 GMT 2002
Somewhere between gcc 2.95 and gcc 3.2 gcc started to support the
standrds compliant iostream, rather than the historic iostream.h. Since
iostream is based on templates rather then the classes
class ostream;
forward declarations obviously do not work anymore and I have some
converting to do. Two questions with respect to iostream.
- is there anyway to make gcc 3.2 use the old model, i.e. the class
based iostream.h stuff?
The reason is that I am dealing with a large amount of code and since
the template model also changed gcc 3.2 vs. gcc 2.95 I'd like to deal
with one issue at a time, i.e. first deal with all the template stuff
and then the iostream.
next question.
- how is the performance of iostream compared to iostream.h?
I am working on an application were performance is very critical and a
drop in performance due to switching to iostream is going to be a tough
pill to swallow.
Thanks for any advice.
Robert
--
Robert Schweikert MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU
rjschwei@cox.net LINUX
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list