Data flow analysis with GCC Compiler

Jan Staschulat jans@ida.ing.tu-bs.de
Thu May 2 05:24:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

our research group needs a tool for data flow analysis. We would like to
use the front end of GCC. I have already seen that the file flow.c handles
the flow analysis but on register level.

Our desire is to find the data dependency of variable of a C program. What
do you think is better - use the flow algorithm as it is implemented for
the RTL code, or to implement the DFA our own at an earlier stage?

Thanks a lot

Jan Staschulat

             Institut fuer Datentechnik und Kommunikationsnetze
               Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany

Jan Staschulat				Tel. : +49 531 391 3728
Hans-Sommer Str. 66			Fax  : +49 531 391 3750
D-38106 Braunschweig			Email: staschulat@ida.ing.tu-bs.de