GCC -3.1 problem with header files

Steve Ettorre sme@nycap.rr.com
Mon May 27 13:22:00 GMT 2002

Hi all-

I have what I think is probably a stupid error on my part, but I could
use some help. A simple test code such as "test.C":

#include <iostream>

int main() {
    cout << " Main: running..." << endl;
    return 0;
}

will not compile with GCC 3.1. I get the following errors:

test.C: In function `int main()':
test.C:4: `cout' undeclared (first use this function)
test.C:4: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function    it appears in.)
test.C:4: `endl' undeclared (first use this function)

Obviously, g++ is not seeing the proper system "include" directory
which on my RedHat system is: /usr/include/g++-v3.

What do I have to do to get GCC 3.1 to see the "include" directories?

TIA,
Steve