Generate System Library File (.so)

Andrew Stone astone@brightlane.com
Mon May 20 07:03:00 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I'm using g77 version:
  g77 version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (from FSF-g77 version 0.5.25
19991024 (release))

I'm trying to generate a system library file under Unix (.so).  The overall
goal is to have java talk to fortran via c.  I have my fortran code, will
soon write the
c and java code.  Just need to know what compiler options to use to generate
the .so file.  I've looked through the g77 manual, but to no avail.  Have
done research
on the process in general, but nothing has referenced using the gnu family
of
compilers.  Any links to information would be great.

thanks in advance,
andy

Andrew Stone
XML Architect/Developer