Pentium 4 optimization
Dagan McGregor
ardrigh@gamer.net.nz
Sat May 4 08:50:00 GMT 2002
Hello,
I am new to this list, so I hope it is the right place to ask.
I am in the process of installing Gentoo Linux, which builds all it's
packages from source, compiling them as it goes along.
I was hoping to try optimizing linux for my P4 2Ghz machine, and
reading the GCC website, it appears that GCC 3.1.x is the release to
wait for.
From reading various notes on the gcc.gnu.org website, I can see a few
things I might try to optimize for my machine.
-march=pentium4
-mfpmath=sse
Does anyone on this list have a P4 machine they have used GCC 3.1 on,
that could recommend compile options ?
Also, what is an estimated date for a GCC 3.1 public release ?
Any help appreciated.
Dagan McGregor
S' Rioghal Mo Dhream!
([XXH<>%<>HXX])=============================
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list