Unusual error linking

Tanton Gibbs thgibbs@deltafarms.com
Fri Mar 8 01:09:00 GMT 2002


I finally found it.  My first virtual function was declared but never
defined.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tanton Gibbs" <thgibbs@deltafarms.com>
To: <laurent.pinchart@capflow.com>;
<gcc-help-return-8299-laurent.pinchart=capflow.com@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 3:36 AM
Subject: Re: Unusual error linking


> Yes, I've defined a destructor and a constructor that takes no arguments.
> Everything compiles without warnings, it just will not link.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Laurent Pinchart" <laurent.pinchart@capflow.com>
> To: <gcc-help-return-8299-laurent.pinchart=capflow.com@gcc.gnu.org>
> Cc: <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
> Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 3:24 AM
> Subject: Re: Unusual error linking
>
>
> > >
> > >
> > >I'm running gcc on redhat linux
> > >gcc -v prints:
> > >Reading specs from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
> > >gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
> > >
> > >I'm getting a strange message when linking my files:
> > >EwokTransport.o: In function `CEwokTransport::~CEwokTransport(void)':
> > >EwokTransport.o(.text+0x9b5a): undefined reference to `CEwokTransport
> > >virtual table'
> > >EwokTransport.o(.text+0x9b63): undefined reference to
> > >`CEwokTransport::TAO_ServantBase virtual table'
> > >EwokFactory.o: In function `CEwokFactory::CEwokFactory(int)':
> > >EwokFactory.o(.text+0xcb): undefined reference to
> > >`CEwokTransport::TAO_ServantBase virtual table'
> > >EwokFactory.o(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `CEwokTransport
virtual
> > >table'
> > >
> > >There is no CEwokFactory constructor that takes an integer.  I'm not
sure
> > >what is wrong.  Does anyone else
> > >know what could be causing this error?
> > >
> > If I'm not mistaken, the virtual tables are defined by the compiler when
> > it processes the source file where the destructor is defined. Did you
> > define a destructor ? If not try to do it explicitely.
> >
> > Laurent Pinchart
> >
> >
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list