creating file more than 2 Gig on SGI Irix6.5
bjorn rohde jensen
shamus@tdcadsl.dk
Fri Mar 22 13:23:00 GMT 2002
Hi Philip,
I believe, one has to define _LARGEFILE_SOURCE or _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
to 1
in order to get the API with support for files larger than 2GB. The file
system
and kernel also has to support this for you to actually be able to
create
such files. Try looking at
http://ftp.sas.com/standards/large.file/x_open.20Mar96.html#TOP
I am not sure, if you have to do this with gcc 3.0.4 though.
Yours sincerely,
Bjorn
Philip Cheng wrote:
>
> All:
>
> I just installed gcc 3.0.4 on my IRIX 6.5 machine. My program crashed
> when it tried to create a file more than 2Gig. Does gcc 3.0.4 allows
> file more than 2G? Is there something missing that I need to install?
>
> I had to use --disable-multilib option in order to build gcc successfully.
> Could that be the problem?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated
>
> Philip
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list