GCC 3.0.4 vs AIX 4.3.1 (bad documentation)

Michael Veksler VEKSLER@il.ibm.com
Sat Mar 9 23:11:00 GMT 2002


It sounds as if you are trying to compile and run 64 bit code, while your
CPU is only 32 bit.
To overcome this you should configure --without-multilib, or the
undocumented configure --without-aix64.

The documentation on AIX configuration lacks description of this (yes it is
written in an awkward way that there is some option with "aix64", but there
is no real description of what this option is for). http://gcc.gnu.org/
search did not give anything relevant when I searched for AIX,  64,
multilib, even google gave me nothing relevant.

 Should I send a patch, and what files other than gcc/doc/install.texi2html
?




Tiago Fioreze <tapera@inf.ufsm.br>@gcc.gnu.org on 08-03-2002 18:25:05

Please respond to Tiago Fioreze <tapera@inf.ufsm.br>

Sent by:  gcc-help-owner@gcc.gnu.org


To:   gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
cc:
Subject:  GCC 3.0.4 vs AIX 4.3.1



       Hi !!!

       I'm a novice in this list, therefore I would ask for excuses for any
made question already.

       I'm trying to compile gcc-3.0.4 on powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.1.0 but when
I type the command 'make bootstrap', after a certain time compiling the
following error occurs :

       /var/tmp/cc43eVKP.s: Assembler messages:
       /var/tmp/cc43eVKP.s:344: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `bge-'
       make[3]: *** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error 1
       make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/alunos/tapera/object_gcc/gcc'
       make[2]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
       make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/alunos/tapera/object_gcc/gcc'
       make[1]: *** [stage1_build] Error 2
       make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alunos/tapera/object_gcc/gcc'
       make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
       >

       Ps. I'm using the GNU Make version 3.78.1.

       Ps2. Excuses for my bad English !!!

       Somebody can help me ?

       Tiago Fioreze








More information about the Gcc-help mailing list