3.1, Sun, sparc, solaris2.5.1

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs@dmu.ac.uk
Tue Jun 18 03:59:00 GMT 2002


On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Jan Van Belle wrote:

> Try to compile the new GCC version with the newest binutils (2.12 ??)
>
> When configuring GCC, use the options: --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as
> I had the same problem on solaris2.6

Sorry for the delay in replying, it took days to cook....

I did that, and it made a lot more progress,  However it still blew up
with :
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//cctop87s.s", line 2296: error: unknown
opcode ".uleb128"
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp//cctop87s.s", line 2296: error: statement
syntax
gmake[3]: *** [java/lang/Class.lo] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/apps/hgs/gcc-build/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/libjava'
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/apps/hgs/gcc-build/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/libjava'
gmake[1]: *** [all-target-libjava] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/apps/hgs/gcc-build'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
brains hgs 183 %>

So was I dreaming about using the correct options?

brains hgs 185 %> more config.status
#!/bin/sh
# This file was generated automatically by configure.  Do not edit.
# This directory was configured as follows:
../gcc-3.1/configure
--with-gcc-version-trigger=/apps/hgs/gcc-3.1/gcc/version.c
--host=sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as --norecursion
# using "mh-frag"
brains hgs 186 %>

Apparently not.  So why is it ignoring the with-gnu-as?

        Hugh

>
> Regards,
>
> Jan
> Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>
> > I didn't see anything in the known issues file that looks relevant, but
> > trying to build 3.1 on solaris 2.5.1 I get:
> > libgcc/./_negvdi2.o libgcc/./_ctors.o libgcc/./_divdi3.o
> > libgcc/./_moddi3.o libgcc/./_udivdi3.o libgcc/./_umoddi3.o
> > libgcc/./_udiv_w_sdiv.o libgcc/./_udivmoddi4.o  libgcc/./unwind-dw2.o
> > libgcc/./unwind-dw2-fde.o libgcc/./unwind-sjlj.o -lc && rm -f
> > libgcc_s.so && ln -s libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so
> > /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/bin/ld:libgcc/./libgcc.map: file
> > format not recognized; treating as linker script
> > /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/bin/ld:libgcc/./libgcc.map:1: parse
> > error
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > gmake[3]: *** [libgcc_s.so] Error 1
> > gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/apps/hgs/gcc-build/gcc'
> >
>
> --
> Jan Van Belle
> Jan.Van_Belle@alcatel.be
>
>
>
>
>
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list