question
Brett Hunt
huntbs@lycos.com
Thu Jun 13 16:17:00 GMT 2002
Add a '-v' without quotes to your compile command to see more information.
Like: gcc -v -o hello hello.c
Is the linker trying to link the same file twice? Have you inadvertently reused a name that exists in the libraries that are getting linked in?
Try the -v and see if that gives you more information that helps.
---
brett
-----------------------------------
"To the world you may be just
somebody.
But to somebody you may be the
world."
-----------------------------------
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:53:00
Antonio Fontinha wrote:
>Hi, I'm using gcc 3.0.4.
>
>And I'm getting the following error:
>
>TOIOSInterface.o: In function
>`UCS_TOTranferAgent::TOIOSInterface::TOIOSInterface()':
>/export/home/eid/miguel/TO Transfer Agent/TOIOSInterface.cpp:63: multiple
>definition of `UCS_TOTranferAgent::TOIOSInterface::TOIOSInterface()'
>TOIOSInterface.o:/export/home/eid/miguel/TO Transfer
>Agent/TOIOSInterface.cpp:63: first defined here
>TOIOSInterface.o: In function
>`UCS_TOTranferAgent::TOIOSInterface::TOIOSInterface()':
>/export/home/eid/miguel/TO Transfer Agent/TOIOSInterface.cpp:63: multiple
>definition of `UCS_TOTranferAgent::TOIOSInterface::TOIOSInterface()'
>TOIOSInterface.o:/export/home/eid/miguel/TO Transfer
>Agent/TOIOSInterface.cpp:63: first defined here
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [TOTransferAgent] Error 1
>
>
>What this error means?
>
>Isn't this error saying that I've a 1st definition and a 2nd definition in
>the same place? (TOIOSInterface.cpp:63)
>
>I can assure that there is only one
>`UCS_TOTranferAgent::TOIOSInterface::TOIOSInterface()' definition. But this
>error occurs.
>
>What's happening? gcc confused?
>
>
>Thanks for your help, best regards:
> Miguel Fontinha
>
>
>
>P.S.: Is their any gcc switch to activate to give more error information?
>
>
_______________________________________________________
WIN a first class trip to Hawaii. Live like the King of Rock and Roll
on the big Island. Enter Now!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list