problems of installing gcc on irix 6.5.

vivian qi vv_qi@yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 25 20:02:00 GMT 2002


Hi,
I ran 'srcdir/configure [options] [target]' on the
irix 6.5 and got the some warnings and errors listed
below:

Configuring for a mips-sgi-irix6.5 host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the
following subdirectories:
     target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib
target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /usr/local/gcc using "mh-frag"
cc WARNING:  abi should have been specified by
driverwrap
cc WARNING:  /usr/lib32/cmplrs does not contain all of
the MIPSPro compiler phases; perhaps you need a
different toolroot?
cc ERROR:  cannot exec /usr/lib32/cmplrs/fec
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c'
failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a
working compiler.

What should I do then? what do the warnings mean? and
How can I 'set the environment variable CC to a
working compiler'? Any reply will be appreciated.

Regards

      vivian qi 
       vv_qi@yahoo.com.cn


_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!? 
2002ÄêÊÀ½ç±­ÈºÐÛ÷éÕ½ ÑÅ»¢Öйú¾Û½¹ÈÕº«
http://cn.fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list