Building gcc 3.1 with 64 bit support on Solaris 2.6?
Adam Stein
adam@scan.mc.xerox.com
Tue Jun 18 08:36:00 GMT 2002
I can build a version of gcc 3.1 with 64 bit support if I'm compiling on Solaris
8 (and running a 64 bit kernel).
What I would like to do is compile gcc 3.1 on a Solaris 2.6 running a 32 bit
kernel (it is an ultrasparc machine if that matters). In this way, gcc would be
able to compile normally using 32 bit code which would run on Solaris 2.6 and
up, but have the "-m64" option work when compiling on Solaris 8 systems without
having two versions of gcc 3.1.
Is there any way to do this? I've tried various combinations of configurations
options, but it seems that gcc compiled on Solaris 2.6 won't have the "-m64"
support when being run on Solaris 8 systems.
Any help is appreciated, even if you can tell me that you definitely can NOT do
this.
Otherwise, I will have to have two versions of gcc, one for Solaris 2.6 and one
for Solaris 8.
Adam
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation Email: adam@scan.mc.xerox.com
Disclaimer: All views expressed
here have been proved to be my own. [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list