Error building GCC 3.1 on AIX 4.3

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Thu Jul 18 21:14:00 GMT 2002

> ../../gcc-3.1/gcc/libgcc2.c: In function `__muldi3':
> ../../gcc-3.1/gcc/libgcc2.c:367: internal error: Illegal instruction

	I have not experienced this problem, so I cannot guess at what
could be going wrong.

	You shouldn't need to specify thread, as, and ld at configure
time.

	The main problem I see is that you are using AIX Make and not GNU
Make.  The make output fragment does not look like it is invoking the
correct compiler for libgcc.mk, so I would suggesting starting over with
GNU Make.

David