64-bit gcc3.1 on Solaris?

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Mon Jul 1 11:23:00 GMT 2002


Elliott Potter wrote:

> Has anyone tried to compile gcc 3.1 as 64 bit on Solaris 2.8 or 2.9?
> I got it compiled as 32 bit no problem (twice actually) and it does
> appear to compile working 64 bit programs, but just for the heck of
> it I thought I'd try to compile the compiler with the -m64 option.

I don't have 2.9 to play with but the following works for me on 2.8:

    CC="gcc -m64" ~/cvs/gcc31/configure --enable-threads=posix \
        --disable-checking --disable-nls --with-cpu=ultrasparc \
        sparcv9-sun-solaris2.8 \
        && gmake -j4 bootstrap CC="gcc -m64"

using Sun's as and ld and CVS GCC3.1.1 sources from the middle of last
week (release 3.1 ought to work too). gmake is GNU make - haven't tried
Sun's make. This build didn't include Ada; I've got Sun ld vs Ada symbol
problems and GNU ld 64-bit vs patched libdl.so problems but I haven't
yet found time to work out what bugs I need to report to whom.

For day to day use, though, I'd stick to the default 32-bit version and
-m64.

Rup.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list