tree to source-code

rost@lo-res.org rost@lo-res.org
Mon Jul 1 07:44:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am new to this list so please excuse any FAQ.

I was wondering if there is any module already included in the gcc-3.1
release to print C++-source code based on the internal tree data
structure (or any external projects working on this).

To make my idea more clear: What I am thinking about is to alter the
tree structure of a C++ source file (like adding statements,
renaming variables, whatever) and spitting out the whole tree as a
"human"-readable (as well as compilable) C++ code again.

Please note that readability is not the major factor, so I can live
without all stuff which got lost during preprocessing.

I am browsing the source of files like print-tree.c and tree-dump.c at the
moment without much luck, so any hints would be warmly welcome.

Thanks for any help,
Robert

---
GPG: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys CCFDEB89