HPUX 11 - generating 64 bit objects on a 32 bit machine.

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz sabbahem@bcpl.net
Mon Jan 21 07:15:00 GMT 2002


The web page appears to say that you should download the 64 bit binary and 
install it in /usr/local/bin/pa20_64 (with the libraries in 
/usr/local/lib/pa20_64).  Alternatively, create /usr/local/pa20_64 and install 
in /bin and /lib there for 64 bit processing.  I have been told that building 
the 64 bit version from source requires building for a target of 
hppa64-hp-hpux11.00

--------------------- Original Message -----------------------------------
From: Mr Peter Smithson <wadmag3 at freeuk dot com>
     To: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
     Cc:
     Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:08:38 +0000
     Subject: HPUX 11 - generating 64 bit objects on a 32 bit machine.
     Reply-to: wadmag3 at freeuk dot com



Hello,

I've read on the archive for this list that it is possible but I'm 
having some problems.

I've been to

http://dsportal.eservices.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechSoftwareDetailPage_
IDX/1,1703,547,00.html

and downloaded 3.0.2 marked "gcc 3.0.2 for 32-bit 11.0 and 11i (binary)"


I'm assuming the "32-bit" there is talking about the machine gcc will 
run on rather than what it can generate code for.

So this has installed gcc in /usr/local but there is no sign of the 
directory "/usr/local/pa20_64/bin" mentioned at the top of the web page.
This is where the 64 bit compiler should appear.

Any ideas?

As this is quite urgent I might try downloading the source and 
compiling up gcc to see if that gets me anywhere.

Peter

-- 
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list