bfd error
Rupert Wood
me@rupey.net
Thu Jan 17 23:35:00 GMT 2002
Nagesh Lingegowda wrote:
> I've a problem with the gcc 2.95.3 compiler on solaris. I can compile
> successfully but while linking its showing bfd assertion error with
> elflink.h file
:
> /usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/bin/ld: bfd assertion fail
> elflink.h:3542
> GNU ld version 2.11.2 (with BFD 2.11.2)
I don't have a copy of the 2.11.2 binutils sources floating around but
I'd suggest that you either
a, try a CVS copy of binutils (see http://sources.redhat.com/binutils)
to see if the bug has been fixed; if not, write to the binutils mailing
lists
or
b, use the Solaris linker, /usr/ccs/bin/ld. If you're not using C++
then I don't think there are many benefits from using the GNU linker
over the Solaris one.
Obviously (b) is simpler for you in the short-term but (a) may be better
for the long-term.
Good luck,
Rup.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list