fortran 90

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 20 07:41:00 GMT 2002


Hi,

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if I ask something already
discussed before.

I would like to compile a program written (to a large extent) by
others in fortran 90. It works fine with Compaq's compiler on an
alpha, but I would also like to compile it on an x86 machine. GNU
fortran, however, gives numerous error messages (regardless of whether
-ff90 is specified), the first few being

bandfit7.f: In program `MAIN__':
bandfit7.f:3: 
          real*8,allocatable,dimension(:)::  y,obj,dum,ftemp,bocc,f,g
                 ^
Invalid type-declaration attribute at (^) -- must be one of: DIMENSION(array-spe
c), EXTERNAL, INTRINSIC, PARAMETER, or SAVE
bandfit7.f:3: 
          real*8,allocatable,dimension(:)::  y,obj,dum,ftemp,bocc,f,g
                                       ^
Expression at (^) has incorrect data type or rank for its context
bandfit7.f:3: 
          real*8,allocatable,dimension(:)::  y,obj,dum,ftemp,bocc,f,g
                                        ^
Expression at (^) has incorrect data type or rank for its context
bandfit7.f:3: 
          real*8,allocatable,dimension(:)::  y,obj,dum,ftemp,bocc,f,g
          ^
Fortran 90 feature at (^) unsupported


Am I doing something wrong, or does g77 really not support dynamic
arrays? In that case, is there an alternative to g77 that I should
use?

Thanks a lot,

  Andras



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list