64 bits code generation

Celestino Gómez Cid cgomez@gmv.es
Mon Jan 14 08:21:00 GMT 2002


Hello,

	I'im using the gnu g++ compiler running in a UltraSparc solaris 2.7, and I
would like to know, please, if it is possible with any of the versions of
the compiler to generate 64 bit, binary files (similar to the -v9 option in
the compiler from SUN).

	There is a compiler option -mcpu=v9 but I'm not sure that has the same
results as I get an error:

/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccax7Qbi.s", line 33: error: cannot use v8plus
instructions in a non-v8plus target binary
/usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccax7Qbi.s", line 36: error: cannot use v8plus
instructions in a non-v8plus target binary

Is it possible to generate 64 bits objects ? If it is,  which version shall
I use ? do I need to add some configuration options when installing the
compiler ?

Thanks very much.


Celestino Gomez Cid.
GMV S.A.
Directorate Of Operations
Issac Newton 11, P.T.M. Tres Cantos
28760 Madrid, Spain
Telf  : +34-918073340
Fax   : +34-918072199
e-mail: cgomez@gmv.es



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list