gcc-3.0.3 on HPUX-11.00 and 11.11

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz sabbahem@bcpl.net
Thu Jan 10 08:02:00 GMT 2002


>===== Original Message From law@redhat.com =====
>  > Is gcc working in 64 bit mode yet for the hpux platform?  If it is what
>  > special options in the build configuration need to be set.  What options
>  > in the compile command line need to be set?
>The PA64 code is somewhat fragile -- mostly because it doesn't get built
>often.
>
>To build a PA64 compiler, you must use an existing PA64 GCC, which adds
>additional barriers to folks using the PA64 code generator.
>
>jeff

The problem is that I do not have a current PA64 gcc.  I have the gcc that 
builds normally (which defaults to hppa-1.1 but allows 32 bit 2.0) and the 
vendor compiler which allows +DA2.0W

When I specified CC=cc (and CC=gcc) and --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00 I got the 
following error

./xgcc -B. -B/usr/local/GCC-3.0/hppa64-hp-hpux11.00/bin/ -isystem 
/usr/local/GCC-3.0/hppa64-hp-hpux11.00/include -isystem 
/usr/local/GCC-3.0/hppa64-hp/hpux11.00/sys-include -S tmp-dum.c
cc1: Internal compiler error in ?, at stor-layout.c:1678
Please submit a full bug report.
with preprocessed source if appropriate.

When I tried to build a bootstrap with CC="cc +DA2.0W" the initial build 
failed with a memory fault in the initial "./gencodes" which had been built 
with $CC

Please send an answer directly to me as well as the mailing list as I can 
usually not read the mailing list.

-- 
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list