building on MacOS 10.1.3?

sbloch@adelphi.edu sbloch@adelphi.edu
Tue Feb 26 09:35:00 GMT 2002

I'm not sure if this message got to the list when I tried it before.

I just upgraded my Mac to MacOS 10.1.3.  I downloaded the standard
developer package from Apple, including "make", "cc", etc. but I've
been unable to build GNU make, gcc, et al.

GNU make: I get compiler errors on the source file gettext.c because
LC_MESSAGES is undefined.  It's referred to in some places, protected by
an #ifdef LC_MESSAGES, but in other places there is no such protection.

GCC: I get compiler errors on the source file function.c because
DEFAULT_ABI is undefined.  I haven't poked around to see what's going
on here.

Any suggestions?  I have no idea what these symbols are supposed to
mean, so I'm hesitant to go around defining them myself.

--
                                                 Stephen Bloch
                                               sbloch@adelphi.edu