Running gcc on Caldera openserver concurrently with cc

Claudio Bley bley@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Feb 22 19:07:00 GMT 2002

    Mark> Thanks for the info.  Now I have two other options and I
    Mark> wonder if you could help decide the best solution...

    Mark> 1. Should I go ahead and download the binutils (if so, where
    Mark> can I find them or SCO?)  2. Should I build gcc from source
    Mark> and set the options to use the SCO as?  (If so, how do I do
    Mark> that?

I am not completely sure about what option you should take. However
you may download binutils at http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/ (or
maybe the same place where you've got gcc?).

If you choose to rebuild gcc from source you may consider using a
newer release of gcc (e.g. gcc 2.95.4 or gcc 3.0.3). Usually you
should specify --with-as=<path> as an option to the `configure' script
to designate an assembler it should use.

    Mark> Thanks again for the insight.
You're welcome.

Regards,
Claudio