Instalation of gcc on windows 2000?
Andrea 'Fyre Wyzard' Bocci
fwyzard@inwind.it
Fri Feb 8 17:01:00 GMT 2002
At 01.06 08/02/2002 (GMT -0500), Afbaxt@aol.com wrote:
>How do you install gcc onto windows 2000? I tried to run from the start menu
>the following:
>
>C:\GNU\gcc-3.0.3\configure GCC_objdir
IIRC, configure is not invoked this way. The right way is:
cd GCC_objdir
C:\GNU\gcc-3.0.3\configure [configure options]
>I got back the message that the command "configure" was not recognized?
configure is a bash script (actually, sh).
So, you need to run it from something that can recognize this (eg., from
it's first line: #! /bin/sh). I don't know if Win 2K can be made smart
enough for this.
>I was hopping to run gcc directly on windows, rather than running it on
>cygwin.
Maybe you can configure/bootstrap it from cygwin, then run it from Windows.
I've never tried it, but it might work :-)
(the biggest problem being - will gcc be able to find it's libraries and
executables? maybe setting PATH accordingly...)
>Thanks --A
I'm sorry this might not be the answer you were seeking :-(
HTH
fwyzard
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list