What is libgcc_s.so?

Joseph Martin Joseph.Martin@netiq.com
Mon Feb 25 16:17:00 GMT 2002

I'm trying to compile a module as an extension (.so) to Apache.  The link
process binds objects that contain c and c++ code.  I can statically link
libstdc++, but not libgcc_s.so.  The link succeeds and the shared object
loads fine on my build machine.  The problem will come when I want to
distribute my shared object.  I have tried with gcc-3.0.1 through gcc-3.0.4.
gcc-2.95.3 did not have this dependency.  There is no libgcc_s.a under the
gcc tree, so I'm not sure what to do.  Am I going to have to ship out the
libgcc_s.so with my shared object?  Is there some other library or objects
that I can link with instead to alleviate this dynamic depency?

Thanks!
Joe Martin