Installing GCC 3.0.2 on AIX 5.1

dannyngo@ca.ibm.com dannyngo@ca.ibm.com
Wed Feb 13 12:43:00 GMT 2002


Hello,

I've built GCC 3.0.2 successfully, but I have a problem with the final
"make install" step.  This is the output:

==>gnumake install
/bin/sh ../gcc-3.0.2/mkinstalldirs /usr/local /usr/local
gnumake[1]: Entering directory `/perf/master_perf/temp/gcc-install/gcc'
cc  -DIN_GCC    -g   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE  -o gencodes \
 gencodes.o rtl.o bitmap.o ggc-none.o gensupport.o hashtab.o safe-ctype.o
print-rtl.o errors.o ` case "obstack.o" in ?*) echo obstack.o ;; esac ` `
case "alloca.o" in ?*) echo alloca.o ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;;
esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` `
case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` -lld
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .alloca
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
gnumake[1]: *** [gencodes] Error 8
gnumake[1]: Leaving directory `/perf/master_perf/temp/gcc-install/gcc'
gnumake: *** [install-gcc] Error 2

I am using GNU make, but that doesn't appear to be the problem.  Should I
be using the GNU version of ld as well?  Thanks for your help!


Danny Ngo



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list