[SCALUG] Re: c++ question

John Burski jburski@cloudnet.com
Fri Dec 27 09:56:00 GMT 2002


Hoopla!!

Thanks for your help!  I can see that I've been away from my roots for 
too long :(

Incidentally, just for kicks I changed the "using namespace std;" phrase 
to "using std::cout;" and it worked well, too.

Thanks again!

Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci wrote:

> At 11.18 26/12/2002 +0600, John Burski wrote:
>
>> My thanks to those who responded to my question -- I really 
>> appreciate the help.
>>
>> However, my problem still remains.
>>
>>
>> // cut here - hello.cc
>>
>> #include <iostream>
>> using namespace std;
>>
>> int main()
>> {
>>    cout << "Hello, World\n";
>> }
>> // cut here -eof
>
>
> // cut here - hello.cc
> hello: hello.o
>         g++ hello.o -o hello
>
> hello.o: hello.cc
>         g++ hello.cc -c -o hello.o
>
> // cut here -eof
>
> At the prompt:
> $ make
> g++ hello.cc -c -o hello.o
> g++ hello.o -o hello
>
> $ ./hello
> Hello, World
>
> So, it worke quite well for me.
> I think explicitly adding libgcc on the command line (which 
> incidentally is a  Bad Thing TM) screws up the librari dependancies.
> Don't do it.
> The same hold true for adding /usr/include/g++-3 to you include search 
> path. There's no need for it, it's done automatically and permanently 
> by the "make install" part of the GCC installation.
>
> HTH,
> fwyzard
>
> .
>

-- 
John Burski

@HOME S.I.M.U. (Well, sometimes I am :)  )

... and still searching for the cheese!





More information about the Gcc-help mailing list