could I use c replace perl in cgi programing(webprogramming?)

Eljay Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Fri Dec 13 06:21:00 GMT 2002

Hi Eric,

Your question is off-topic for this mailing list, but I'll give you a quick
answer.

Yes, you can use C (or C++) to replace Perl in CGI programming.

Whether it is appropriate or not depends on the problem to be solved.  Perl
is a very powerful, very efficient scripting language.  It is well suited
to programmatically create HTML

Perl programmers can create "write only code" that is hard to maintain.  Or
with a little tender loving care, Perl scripts can be very large, and at
the same time very maintainable.

Perl 6 will even give better facilities to creating large, maintainable
Perl scripts, and enhance the object oriented capabilities for developers.

Sincerely,
--Eljay