Installing 2.95.4 over 3.2

Andreas Bauer baueran@in.tum.de
Thu Dec 5 23:32:00 GMT 2002

>   I am running gcc version 3.2 over redhat linux 8.0.
> I want the support of gcc ver 2.95.4. Can I install
> two gccs in parallel without affecting one another.
> Some of the programs need gcc 3.2 and very few of them
> need 2.95.4. Can I do this without any malfunctioning
> of all the programs.

Yes, but you do not install 'over' something, rather than having two
different compilers sitting quietly 'next to each other'.  However, in
case of C++ programs, the binaries produced by one of the compilers will
not like those produced by the other.  If you keep this in mind, you
should not run into any obstacles...

HTH,
Andi.