Error compiling GCC 3.2.1
Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci
fwyzard@inwind.it
Mon Dec 30 14:58:00 GMT 2002
At 05.50 27/12/2002 -0600, Max Bane wrote:
>Hi all. Having difficulting compiling gcc 3.2.1. I'm currently running gcc
>2.95.3 on an x86 machine. I've downloaded and extracted the source tarball,
>and when i do this:
>
>unset CFLAGS &&
>unset CXXFLAGS &&
>mkdir ../gcc-build &&
>cd ../gcc-build &&
>../gcc-3.2.1/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared \
>--enable-languages=c,c++,objc,f77,java --enable-threads=posix \
>--with-slibdir=/lib --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu &&
>make bootstrap
>
>I get this:
>
>[... Snip]
>Bootstrapping the compiler
>make[1]: Entering directory `/home/max/dl/gcc-build/gcc'
>make CC="stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/" \
> STAGE_PREFIX=stage1/ \
> CFLAGS="-g -O2" LDFLAGS="" WARN_CFLAGS="\$(GCC_WARN_CFLAGS)"
>STRICT_WARN="-Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long" libdir=/usr/lib
>LANGUAGES="c gcov c++ f77 java objc" MAKEOVERRIDES= OUTPUT_OPTION="-o \$@"
>make[2]: Entering directory `/home/max/dl/gcc-build/gcc'
>stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -DIN_GCC -g -O2 -W
>-Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional
>-pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -I.
>-I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc -I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/. -I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/config
>-I../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/../include ../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/read-rtl.c -o read-rtl.o
>../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/read-rtl.c: In function `read_rtx':
>../../gcc-3.2.1/gcc/read-rtl.c:541: internal error: Segmentation fault
>Please submit a full bug report,
>with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
>make[2]: *** [read-rtl.o] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/max/dl/gcc-build/gcc'
>make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/max/dl/gcc-build/gcc'
>make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
>Any idea what's going on here? I'd really like to get gcc 3 working so I can
>compile a bunch of other stuff.
>Thanks.
Some times ago I had prolems bootstrapping w/ 2.95.
If, after the error, you go back to /home/max/dl/gcc-build and redo
make bootstrap
do you get the same error in the same place ? or does it (strangely) groks on ?
what happens if you repeat the process from scratch ?
I know it sounds silly...
fwyzard
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list