[SCALUG] Re: c++ question

John Burski jburski@cloudnet.com
Thu Dec 26 10:39:00 GMT 2002

My thanks to those who responded to my question -- I really appreciate
the help.

However, my problem still remains.

Since I received multiple suggestions and I didn't want to discount any,
I created two different source files, "hello0.cpp" and "hello1.cpp"
(sources files are attached).  I then created "Makefile[123]" for
compiling and linking "hello0.cpp" and "Makefile[456]" for compiling and
linking "hello1.cpp" (files are attached).

I executed each "Makefile" in turn, the results of which are in the
corresponding "make?.txt" files.

As you can see, when I used "namespace std" I still received results
that seemed to indicate that the appropriate link library was not
included.  When I used "std::cout" the results indicated that "cout" was
not declared.

While I was writing this,  another thought occured to me, so I created
"hello2.cpp" and "Makefile7", the results of which are in "make7.txt".
 Still no joy.

I know I've got to be missing something, but I'm still at a loss for
what it might be.

Thanks again.

--
John Burski